CMS-3S is a revolutionary wireless monitoring system. Through a self- organizing network of permanently installed, wireless-enabled sensors, accurate pipe wall thickness and temperature can be obtained cost-effectively, enabling corrosion and erosion to be precisely monitored. This information allows a proactive approach in the planning of turnarounds and preventative action
Corrosion and erosion-related failures of processing facilities are a major source of risk to upstream and downstream assets. Manual ultrasonic inspection of pipes gives poor reproducibility. Escalating costs are incurred by deploying inspection teams to facilities, obtaining work permits, preparing to scaffold, or abseiling to access difficult locations.
In response to these challenges, CMS-3S has been developed to revolutionise the way asset integrity is assessed.
CMS-3S: Key Points
- Certified for explosive atmospheres (IECEx and ATEX Zone 1).
- Reduces operational risk with non-intrusive sensors.
- Easy, quick, permanent, or temporary installation on the live plant. No hot work permits necessary.
- Earliest detection of metal loss with field-proven industry-leading 0.01mm resolution.
- Low profile sensors, can be installed under insulation.
- +5 year battery life, live plant replacement.
- Automatic reporting and historical trending with easy-to-use software.
- Separate wireless and sensing modules provide flexibility in locating transmitters to maximize RF range and minimize repeaters.
- Scalable. Large or small scale deployments.